Being Mommy With Style.

Tuesday 17 April 2018

What Am I Doing To Overcome The Depression In My Life ?


It has been weeks that I have written anything, life has been busy with family, work and what not.  It has been busy in past few months of my life and was little difficult too.
With a full-time job, I have major responsibilities at home too, with my husband’s parents living with us and a toddler of my own. It gets tough when you have no time for your own and feel over burdened with responsibilities along with your husband, we handle the financials together but rest everything is mostly my job.
Considering my health and the situation I’ve made a tough decision of quitting my job and taking a break for some time. Yes, I’m unable to do this multitasking, call me whatever, but this time I have made my decision and I’m not guilty. What I was guilty about was that I’m unable to give time to my husband and daughter, as I’m always busy doing something or the other household chores all the time, except for cooking everything was on me, and if I tell you the truth I love doing my things by myself. I appreciate a little help but do not accept the fact that someone else does my responsibilities. I like to wash and dry my clothes, iron them, I like to clean my room, feed my child, play with her, give her a bath. But gradually, my body just gave up taking all this. This job took most of my time and most of all my energy. I used to come home exhausted and mostly with a head ache, sometimes because of my stress, heat or just continuous screen starring.
After a long day at work I was unable to give time to my daughter and my husband, they mean the world to me. I was exhausted all the time and was not willing to go out anywhere or do any fun family activities.
From a happy and joyous mother, I became a sad and tired mother and wife. A lot of people have seen that drastic change in my life and pointed that out to me. By this time, I had noticed the change in myself and wondered what I have become, I was a happy person, and most of all a people’s person. I had stopped talking to people with whom I could chat for hours. I stopped calling my parents frequently and got under depression. I experienced one or two panic attacks at work too, which made me feel that, that was it, I cannot take this anymore.
I do not want a life like this for myself. I want a life where I’m happy with my family. I never imagined my life like this. Past one year had taught me that for you to be happy in life our body should support us. I cannot work without giving my body enough rest. This constant tiredness made my life miserable.
Finally, after speaking to my husband, we both decided that I should quit my job and take a break for some time. The decision itself has made some positive impact on me. I’m serving my notice period now and will be relieved by next week.
I’m happy and excited at the same time with the fact that I can now be with my girl and give her all the love and attention she needs and was missing all this time.
I’m now starting a new life with my family and I feel relaxed. That is what matters to us the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment