Being Mommy With Style.

Thursday 3 August 2017

What I did When I Lost My JOB ?

Things I did after I lost my job:

Finding a job and continuing with it was somehow very difficult for me, either we moved to a different city or abroad. So, my career path has been very difficult. At least for me it was a tough one.
When we shifted to Dubai, after a year or so I started looking for a job, fortunately I got one through reference. Yet it took almost 8-9 months for me to finally start going to office.
But only after three months the whole department got shut down. Apart from my team a lot of floor staff also lost their jobs. This was the first time I was being let go. It was disheartening. We were asked to sign a few papers and asked to wait for the settlements to be transferred into the account.
So, from the next day I was at home with my 2-year-old. At first I was feeling very sad about losing this job but at the same time I was happy that I can spend some extra time with my daughter, so I started to find happiness in this disguise.
OK, if this is the way it must be, I will take it on. I started applying in random vacancies, in companies that are located near me, and where not. But no luck.
I was told to keep applying and I just might get a call. So, I continued making calls and sending Emails. I felt very empty and missed the message at the end of the month on my phone about the salary being credited.
Time passed and I could not find anything for myself, like nothing, really!
The biggest question was what should I do the whole day????

No one had the answer to my question. So, I apart from playing with my girl, I also started cooking, I learnt many new dishes, this made me happy. Feeding people always made me feel good.

Since I had a desk job I had gained some weight at my work in these months, and I had to get rid of this before I get back to the same work life I had. So, I started a diet called “The Banting Diet”. This diet was introduced to me by my husband and to him by his boss. I never believed in diets but after seeing the results I was quite impressed and I also started to incorporate the diet in my routine. And I lost 7 kgs in like 2 months. Started feeling happy again. At least losing the fat and weight made me happy.
I also started spending a lot of time on the internet, Pinterest was one of my favorite apps. I used to spend hours getting inspired by the DIYs and crafts. Before I joined work, I spent time teaching kids craft and drawing, so it was always in my mind to create new things and I loved the DIYs.
 I started making things for my home taking inspiration from Pinterest.
I did things that I missed doing badly, things I used to do in my college days. I loved hosting the Youth Week at my college, so I thought if I can do that in Dubai as well. I contacted a few ladies who host their own exhibitions and got an opportunity to host as well as to do a small photoshoot for them, which by the way was my first time. During these two exhibitions, I met a lot of lovely women who are very talented and showcasing their talents in such exhibitions. Most of them are still very good friends of mine.
So, I just loved my break, though it was difficult in the beginning but all is well that ends well, I found a new job and am happy getting the message I spoke to u about earlier.




No comments:

Post a Comment