Being Mommy With Style.

Sunday 20 August 2017

THE BIRTH STORY



It has been more than three years now and the story still gives me immense amount of happiness and goosebumps at the same time.
Yes, today I’m sharing my daughter’s birth story.
We had just shifted to UAE 4 months back, knowing very few people here and all sort of insecurities were in our minds as it was our first child and we had very little guidance in the new country.
I was supposed to get admitted in the hospital on the 5th July as my sugar levels were out of control (thanks for the choc-bar cravings in last few months) and my mother in law was coming on the same day, so we were relieved that someone is there with me at the most sensitive time of our lives.

So, she came after mid-night, we shared all the little cute things till 4o’clock in the morning. By the way, we did not know the gender of the baby till birth, we chose to keep it a surprise, so that’s why im calling her a baby 😊
We were tired and decided to sleep at 4 in the morning. I could not sleep because I started feeling uneasy and started to feel little pain. So instead of 8 in the morning we decided to go to the hospital at 6:30. By 7 we were there, the nurses were happy that they did not have to give me an inducing injection as it is not considered to be a good option and its always better to get pains normally.


I was asked to walk a lot in the corridors and drink as much apple juice I can. As the pains increased it was getting worse. I was given a sleeping injection to relax me and save my energy for the last part which is pushing the child out.
The pains kept getting worse and I was waking up in like every 15 minutes because the pains were so intense. The entire day went in pains, I was given a veg sandwich to eat for lunch and did not eat anything for dinner.

We were waiting for the doctors to take me to the delivery room but the baby had a different plan, she took her own enjoyable time to think about coming out. The whole night went like that. No one could sleep because there was a tension as I was in too much of pain.

The doctors kept visiting me, understanding the situation and telling me that I needed to wait. That day I saw 4 doctors as they keep coming and going and the last one was there on call. So, she delivered my baby.
After almost 26 hours of pains and tension my lovely daughter was in my arms.





Forgetting all the pains I could instantly feel the connection. She is mine. My mother in law was there with me when I was pushing, the moment she got to know it’s a girl, she ran to Kunal and they called my parents and other relatives.
OMG! it is one of the best feelings being a mother, especially when my daughter is Kavya!




No comments:

Post a Comment