Being Mommy With Style.

Thursday 3 August 2017

Best Home Remedies for Puffy Eyes for a Busy Working Woman



Well, I’m a working woman and soon after like a month or so I started noticing puffiness and redness under my eyes. For a few days, I thought that I just might be tired and this will eventually fade off.
But this did not go away even after taking proper rest or relaxing my eyes in between my work at office. I realized that it is there irrespective of the rest and taking breaks in-between the screen time.
It continued for a long time. I started looking tired all the time and sometimes office colleagues were worried if I was unwell. It was that time when I started paying attention to my under eye area.
I did not want to use any type of chemical based cream to my eye as the area was super sensitive. I’m listing below few methods I tried to reduce the puffiness.
  • Rose water: I started spraying rose water as and when I can, even in the office just to cool them off. Which somehow did not work very well for me as I use mascara and Kajal, and you know what happens next. But I did this after I reach home and it has helped me to cool down the eyes a lot.


  • Green tea: I boiled green tea in a pan and stored it in a spray bottle. Used green tea using cotton eye pads. It works in visibly reducing the redness.


  • Aleovera gel: This is by far the best thing that has happened to me. I’ve fallen in love with the aloevera gel. I have tried both, gel from a fresh plant and buying from market. Before sleeping I wash my face with my face wash and then use tissues to pat it dry and then applied a little amount of the gel on my face and neck. I was surprised to see the results my puffiness and redness reduced in just one night. So, this is my favorite.


  • Cucumber: I’ve also tried putting cucumber slices on my eyes, but I feel it just restricts my functionality in the day time. Plus, after office there was no time and no patience for this method.

  • Other methods:


·         I tried oils also to reduce the fine lines around my eyes. I used castor oil mixed with almond oil on my face (which by the way is very heavy oil). It helped my skin keeping moisturized all day and visibly reduced the lines.
·         I also used cool pads for my eyes, which could only give temporary effect and smoothing to my eyes.
·         I tried cooling my fingers using ice and then pressing them against my eyes. I can’t tell how much relief it gave me at that point of time, but this is again a temporary measure.
So, in my experience, aloevera gel is the most effective and natural way to calm your sensitive areas on the face. It also helps in reducing the irritation caused due to sun burns. Specially if you live in a place like Dubai, you will get sun burns in line a jiffy.
I will continue using the gel every day to keep my skin healthy and natural looking.



Pic Credits : Google 





No comments:

Post a Comment